It’s week 6 which means we are a quarter of the way through wedding planning! That feels bittersweet to me. There’s one side of me that says, “Thank goodness.” And another that feels it is going by too quickly! I am trying to remember to stop and slow down and soak in each moment all the while balancing a strict timeline. Here’s what we did this week!
how to plan a wedding in 6 months flat: week 6
- add registries to wedding website
- mail save the dates (as you are going through and putting stamps on the cards, check off your guest list with a “save the date” column to make sure you don’t miss anyone; also compile guest lists for showers and your bachelorette party! ahhh the sweet sound of multitasking!)
- hire bar service
- schedule cake tastings! Yippee!
- schedule meeting with florist and continue gathering floral inspiration (Magic Links cork board and pins)
- schedule a hair and makeup trial run (on engagement shoot day, perhaps?)
- begin working on wedding music play and don’t play lists (pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner, and of course, dancing)
- continue to register (this week we did Bed, Bath and Beyond. Warning: we went beyond one appointment – pun intended – and had to come back a second day. Don’t overwhelm yourself and try to do it all at once.)
- book hotel room for wedding night
And that’s week 6! See y’all next week, and don’t forget to keep planning your marriage while planning your wedding!