We are 2/3 of the way to the big day! Here’s what we did this week:
how to plan a wedding in 6 months flat: week 8
- revise registries: we had a few duplicates of things we had registered for, had forgotten a few things, decided to delete a few… it’s an ongoing process!
- finalize bar service quote
- reserve hotel room blocks and add them to your wedding website (we went back and forth as to whether we should do this or not, but at the end of the day I just think it’s nice to provide people with a couple of options as a starting point. ultimately, they can stay where they’d like! does your venue work with certain hotels? do they have a complimentary shuttle to/from the venue? these could be helpful things to make your guests’ stay easier and more enjoyable.)
- wedding decor details: will there be signage? chalkboards? wooden boards? who will buy these/decorate these/bring these?
- brainstorm wedding favors: we are doing a candy bar. (our florist is going to get us some wholesale mason jars downtown for people to make their own candy jar, and our calligrapher is going to decorate them!)
- music: keep working on play and don’t play lists… another ongoing process!
That’s it for this week. Pretty short and sweet. In all honesty, I had surgery this week so I wasn’t exactly in my usual full-on-wedding-planning-mode-self. I have to remind myself to enjoy these weeks that are a bit lighter instead of feeling like I’m not doing enough. I know that all too soon it will get busier yet again!