I started having heartburn in my first trimester, almost immediately after finding out I was pregnant. It came and went throughout my pregnancy, but in this third trimester it’s really been intense!
I wanted to share a few things that have provided me relief–especially #6! Please note: I am not a doctor or healthcare professional; these are simply tips that have helped me. Please consult your doctor before doing the following…
6 tips for pregnancy heartburn relief:
- 1 tsp coconut oil first thing in AM. On an empty stomach taking a teaspoon of this MCT coconut oil has helped ward off heartburn through the rest of the day.
- Fresh lemon juice in water right after. After taking the coconut oil, I found that having the next thing I consumed be a glass of water with a fresh-squeezed lemon juice helped prepare my stomach for eating and drinking to follow.
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar in 8 oz water. Sipping on this anytime throughout the day helped keep heartburn at bay. Adding a splash of fresh lemon juice makes it a bit more drinkable!
- Aloe vera gel with lavender oil on throat and chest at night before bed. I religiously rub a small dollop of this aloe on my throat and chest with 1 drop lavender essential oil* and I can seriously tell a difference when I forget to do this!
- Sleep slightly inclined. I generally start out the night sleeping on my back, slightly propped up with a couple of pillows. Later in the night I usually turn and sleep on my side, but I’ve found that especially at the start of the night this inclined position is helpful in warding off heartburn.
- HCL/Pepsin supplement with each meal! If all else fails, this supplement won’t! I take about 4 a day–one with each meal. I’ll be honest–all these other remedies provided me with some relief, but this miracle supplement has provided with me immense relief… so much so that at some point I stopped doing tips #1-3 altogether!
Hope these help you, mama! Hang in there. These babes are so worth the aches and pains and discomforts.
*I only trust and use Young Living’s essential oils. They are 100% therapeutic grade and the only oils with a “Seed to Seal” guarantee! Purchase link here.
This perfect image for what pregnancy heartburn can feel like brought to you by Apple Rose Photography!