When I first got pregnant and started reading pregnancy books and articles, every single one of them talked about not using certain cleaning products or personal care products… and well, if I shouldn’t use it when I’m pregnant, why would I want to use it when I’m not?!
Thus, I present to you: what’s in my non-toxic shower!
what’s in my non-toxic shower
- homemade body scrub with essential oils. Made with coconut oil, sugar and some of my favorite essential oils.
- Pacific Shaving Co. natural shaving cream. This shaving cream is amazing. You only need the tiniest little bit to shave your entire leg. I’m pretty sure I only use one of these every 6 months or longer!
- Young Living Orange Blossom Facial Wash. This stuff is great. I put 3 pumps into the center of my Clarisonic face brush (See below) and love how clean and soft it makes my face feel!
- Young Living Copaiba Vanilla Shampoo + Conditioner. I love the smell of this stuff. Also, I use the hair clip next to it to tie up my hair while I let the conditioner soak in, and then I use the shower comb to comb through my hair as I rinse it out! If you have tangly hair, this is my best trick! Don’t wait until you are out of the shower to comb your hair, comb it while rinsing out your conditioner!
- Clarisonic Mia Facial Cleansing Brush. I’ve been using this for years. Love love love. Not only does it clean deeply, it is *supposed* to prevent wrinkles! Who knows?!
- Earth Lava Pumice Stones. For the feet. I try to use this for a quick second each time I’m in the shower to keep my feet extra soft. (I’m pretty sure Clay has never used his! Can’t say I didn’t try!)
- Billie razor. Did you ever think about the chemicals in your razor, ladies? ‘Cause that was the last product I swapped out when switching over to chemical free, non-toxic products. It took me a while to realize there were some not-so-good ingredients in that lotiony portion of my old Venus razor! I love this one because it’s all natural, there’s free shipping, and they send me a replacement razor every few months with my subscription so I don’t have to think about it! (Works great for the #mombrain.)
- Everyone Coconut and Lemon 3-in-1 Body Wash. (not pictured). We just keep this big bottle on our shower ledge by our feet. I actually used to even use it as shampoo!
Note: Thankfully when I got pregnant I didn’t have to change any of the products I use because a couple of years ago I literally got a trash bag and threw out every chemicals product in our home!
There are so many chemical-free, non-toxic products I love; these are simply the ones I have in our shower!
Anywho, I’ve rambled on long enough. Happy Wellness Wednesday, friends!