Whether it’s from the sun in the summer, the cold dry air of winter, the effects of bleach and harsh hair dye or even just years of styling with the heat of straighteners and curling irons, we could all use some relief for damaged hair. And if we’re honest, we could all probably use some relief for our wallets, too.
In a society that tells us we need more – more products, more solutions, more beauty treatments – I don’t know about you, but I say “no thanks.” I don’t know about you, but I’d rather not spend my extra cash on a deep conditioning treatment for my hair. Though I will say after dying my hair blonde from its natural brunette, these strands are in desperate need of one!
Fear not. Save your money for Christmas shopping (Yes, I like to do that this early!) My amazing stylist, KC Carhart, told me about this quick, cheap, and easy at home hair mask. Just because our hair may have paid the price of damaging elements doesn’t mean our wallets have to!
Basically with a few ingredients that you may even already have lying around your house, you can rejuvenate, restore, and replenish your hair without ever leaving the comforts of your home. Smooth split ends. Get that youthful glisten back. Get your shine on.
Here’s what you need:
- Coconut oil
- Vitamin E oil
- Jojoba oil
- A dish for mixing
- A spoon
- Hair clip
Here’s what you do:
- Mix about a tablespoon of coconut oil with a healthy splash of Jojoba and Vitamin E oil in a dish or bowl (it’s not an exact science!)
- Using your fingers, scoop up mask mixture and generously massage into the ends of your hair
- Taking your actual hair, dip and swirl it into the bowl to soak up the remaining mask mixture. Waste not! :)
- Twist your hair into a bun and secure with a clip
- Wait 1-4 hours (clean the house, do some writing, call a friend)
- Shower and wash that mess out! (X2 with the shampoo!)
That’s it! Repeat every week, month, or quarter, depending on your hair needs. And patience.
Happy healthy hair. And speaking of happy… Why not have some girlfriends over for a hair happy hour? Mix some margs, mix a mask, restore your soul with your girls and your hair with a mask! #justsayin #addictedtomultitasking