We have reached our half way point! Hooray!
It feels so good to be halfway there. There have been moments I’ve felt like I’ve been livin’ on a prayer ;) But I feel like things are really coming along. Here’s what we did this week!
how to plan a wedding in 6 months flat: week 12
- margarita tasting! & bar service deposit: our cocktail company treated us to a free delicious lunch (yes, please!) along with a variety of margaritas to taste for approval for the wedding! we ate, we drank, we made decisions, we signed things.
- rental deposit: we finally paid this! got everything square away, ready to go… and a backup tent in case it rains! (praying against that!)
- meet with wedding coordinator to go over all the deets! I created this wedding venue map cause I’m like overly-crazy-organized. I’m such a visual person, it really helps me to see it all laid out in front of me. My wedding coordinator and I looked over it to make sure we were both on the same page as far as where everything is going, who is bringing what, and who is moving what where! Boom.
- continue working on wedding music: play and don’t play lists, ceremony music, reception music. Clay and I love music. I can’t wait just be at our wedding and relax and enjoy!
- begin premarital counseling: we had our first of four premarital counseling sessions this week! along with some great introductory marriage advice, we discussed an overview of the ceremony. now Clay and I just have to figure out what all we want to include! we can’t wait to make it a meaningful and personal ceremony.
- order groom’s and groomsmen suits/tuxes: Clay and his groomsmen ordered their custom suits this week. Oh, and my mom ordered my nephews matching ones… I seriously can’t wait to see them rock their suits and skinny ties!
- start brainstorming flower girl dress ideas!
- order sparklers for grand exit: or whatever you want “thrown” at you. since we are leaving in the dark and it’s outside, we thought sparklers would be fun! (now I just have to pray no one accidentally burns us!)
Only three more months to go! I can’t hardly wait! This wedding planning season has been a whirlwind, and I am longing for the day when Clay and I are married, settled in our home, and can just be with each other. But until then, I am trying to enjoy the planning and find peace in the midst of the laundry list of things to do! I know when I walk down that aisle and get to celebrate with all our friends and family that it will all be so worth it. And then, you know, there’s the honeymoon to look forward to!