Week 23! We have just 2 to go! I truly cannot believe it has come so fast. Of course in the midst of it, the days seemed to be creeping along. But then before I knew it, it was like I blinked and now it’s almost here. I cannot wait to walk down that aisle and marry this man. As cliche as it sounds, he truly is the man of my dreams.
Here’s what we did this week!
how to plan a wedding in 6 months flat: week 23
- final meeting with wedding coordinator: I met with my amazing wedding coordinator, Kari, with Feathered Arrow Events. We discussed all the final details, reviewed our timeline, and set up a time for her to come pick up all of our wedding goodies to bring the morning of our wedding day. Knowing she has everything under control and organized for that day leaves me feeling so at peace.
- design blank cards for guests to sign: we thought it would be nice to have some blank cards for guests to write us a little note of advice, encouragement, or even a fun date idea. we will put them on our welcome table for the early birds to give them something to do while they drink blueberry lavender lemonade in the sunshine (God willing!)
- finalize all paper designs: we finalized our ceremony programs, bar menus, and dinner menus to be printed!
- attend bachelorette party! this was by far the best thing I did this week – possibly all engagement. my sister threw me an absolute dream of a bachelorette weekend in Texas. we ate MiCocina, drank pink margaritas as we watched the sun go down, went roller skating, rode dirt bikes, and I even got in some snuggles with my sweet nephews.
- write bachelorette thank you notes: I didn’t waste any time. I feel like there are so many loose ends I’ll need to be tying up these last couple weeks that I wanted to go ahead and cross this off my list! I am so grateful to my bridesmaids for leaving their hubbies and babies to come spend the weekend with me where I grew up. It was so fun to have them all (except one who literally just had a baby!) get to know each other before the big day!
- confirm wedding night hotel reservation: I went ahead and called our hotel to make sure our room was reserved and ready to go! It is. It feels nice to double check though!
Alright, ladies! (And gents who want to help out their ladies!) Next week I will try to wrap up everything so that the week of the wedding we can relax, spend time with out of town family and friends, and rest up before this much-anticipated, long-awaited day.
There’s a light at the end of the tunnel, and it truly is so bright! :)